Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer Vacancy
Part-time – 9 hours per week
Salary – SCP 26-29 pro rata
St Minver Highlands Parish Council seeks a part-time Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer (RFO). Duties will include:
- Attending meetings on the second Tuesday of each month plus the Annual Parish meeting and any further meetings required;
- The preparation of meeting agendas and taking accurate minutes of Parish Council Meetings;
- Keeping accurate financial records, banking, invoices, payment of accounts and HMRC payments/wages etc;
- Taking action on resolutions passed by the Council;
- Administering Parish Council events and projects;
- Management and administration of the Councils contracts;
- Management of assets and insurances;
- Setting the councils budget, financial account preparation and liaison with auditors;
- Liaise with Chairman between meetings.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons, although training will be offered and enthusiasm to learn will be an attractive quality. The Clerk/RFO will be responsible for the administration of the business and finances of the council.
The Clerk/RFO will be an employee of the Council and remuneration will be for 9 hours per week. The salary scale is in accordance with NALC recommendations for Part Time Clerks/RFOs. The precise starting point for the successful candidate will depend on level of qualifications and experience.
St Minver Highlands is a parish in the Wadebridge Community Network Area, with a population of c.1,200. The Council’s precept for 2017/18 is £37,500. The Parish Council consists of ten Councillors plus the Parish Clerk.
Closing date for applications is Monday 4th December – midday. Interviews will be held in mid December.
FOR AN APPLICATION PACK PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com